YOUNIQUE- IS IT WORTH THE BUY?

By 07:16:00 , ,



Hello everyone! In the past couple of months I have heard of a new makeup brand which is growing called Younique. Younique works in the same sort of way as Avon, they have representatives which you can buy their products from or from the online store. Over the past couple of months I have collected a few things from Younique which I thought i'd share with you as the prices are quite extortionate and if any of you are like me you like to know you're getting your moneys worth before you cash out. I am in no way connected to Younique or represent them and all opinions are my own.

YOUNIQUE MINERAL TOUCH LIQUID FOUNDATION- £30

This is my most recent buy from Younique and I have been dying to try it out for so long, it claims to have a high coverage but give a natural healthy finish, you can buy this from them for £30. This foundation comes with a pippet rather than a pump so you just despense drops onto your skin or your brush then apply. The foundation itself is quite thin and a little goes along way which I tend to learn the hard way by plastering it all over my face then realising that maybe I didnt need that much. I've found this foundation applies beautifully with a face brush such as the Real Techniques expert face brush but not so great with a beauty blender so keep that in mind. When you use a beauty blender with this it doesn't blend very well and actually looks patchy so avoid using it with this foundation and opt for a brush instead. This foundation is incredibly lightweight, I don't think i've ever owned a foundation that sinks into your skin like this one. It literally feels like there is nothing on your skin and is not tacky or drying it just sits lovely on the skin. Id personally say the finish is matte/satin as its not overly dewy but it does leave a nice glow on the skin. I am as white as a sheet so I have the lighest colour in 'scarlet' which matches me pretty well considering whenever I buy the lightest shade of any foundation its still always a little bit dark for me. I love this foundation and would highly recommend it, yes the price is a bit steep but the quality makes up for it and the packaging is stunning with the glass bottle rather than a plastic one.

YOUNIQUE MOONSTRUCK PRECISION BROW LINER- £15

This was one of my first buys from Younique, I decided to play it safe as you can't really go wrong with a brow liner and the price was a lot cheaper than their other items. The liner comes with two ends, a spoolie on one and the liner on the other. The spoolie is very small and dense so you can get right into the hairs to brush them to where you want them which is great. The liner itself is a screw up top so it doesn't get messy when its in your bag. It applies very easily and the thin top means you can get the thin strokes to act as brow hair. I have the shade medium brown which is great for me and it is a very cooled toned brown so it looks natural. I love this product, its a staple in my makeup bag and I don't know what my brows would do without it!

YOUNIQUE OPULENCE LIPSTICK 'STINKIN RICH'- £15

I received this a present for christmas and anyone who knows me knows I love a red lip. This lipstick has a very creamy formula and is so moisturising on the lips which I love. The shade is in 'stinkin rich' and its a very blue toned deep red which is stunning and looks gorgeous on the lips. Personally i'm a sucker for matte lipsticks and creamy/gloss lipsticks really just don't do it for me because I can't be bothered with the hassle of them smudging everywhere throughout the day so for £15 i'd probably just go to MAC and buy their matte lipsticks, BUT other than that I cannot fault this lipstick and surprisingly the staying power is actually good so if you're into cream lipsticks this is for you but if you're more of a matte lover like me then i'd probably not recommend this for you.

YOUNIQUE MOONSTRUCK ADDICTION PALETTE 'NO 2'- £38

This shadow palette was another original item I purchased from unique for a whopping £38. The palette comes with seven shades- for images of these refer back to my MOTD tutorial post. There are three versions of this palette, a warm neutral toned one, the cool toned with black and silver, and the cool toned with purples and pinks. I opted for the black and silver palette as I really wanted to put these shadows to the test and see what their pigmentation was like. I personally love this palette, the colours are very pigmented and blend beautifully. Would I pay £38 for it again? Probably not as the price is extremely steep for what it is, but I definitely recommend a try of it if you have the money.

YOUNIQUE 3D FIBRE LASHES- £23

If you've ever heard of Younique its most probably from this product which came about last year. This mascara comes in a cute little black bag and two containers. The product itself acts a mascara but you actually have small black fibres in one of the tubes that stick to your eyelashes like lash extensions would. I've had this product for around three months and I still can't make my mind up on it. You start by taking the transplanting gel which essentially looks like a black mascara and apply it thinly on your lashes, then you go in with the fibres on top of the transplanting gel till you get the look you want then finally apply another coat of the gel. Now this product is amazing for giving your lashes volume and thickening them up but for me it didn't work as well for lengthening which is something you may need to keep in mind if you're interested in it. It is quite time consuming so I don't recommend making this part of your everyday makeup but when it is on it does look good. The downside to this product is the fibres, every time I apply this mascara I ALWAYS end up with fibres in my eye which then makes my eyes water which messes up the rest of my eye makeup, is it annoying? Yes. However I have been told you just have to play around with it and find the best application for you. I would recommend this product as it does do what it says, it does give your lashes incredible volume but if you have sensitive eyes like me its probably not the best for you as it will irritate your eyes if you get the fibres in them.

YOUNIQUE MOONSTRUCK PRECISION BROW GEL- £15

Last but certainly not least is the Younique precision brow gel which is honestly amazing. Now I have seriously problematic brows in the sense that they just do what they want, I cannot control them without this product. I apply this after filling in my brows and it makes them look so so good! The small brush really picks up the hairs and makes my eyebrows look so much fuller and natural, and it actually keeps them in place which I have never had before. I will most probably re buy this product again and again because it is that good, I honestly could not recommend it enough.


And there you have it, above is a photo with all the products mentioned on the face. I will also list all other products used below. Now would I recommend Younique? Yes, yes and yes again. The products are extremely high quality which does make up for the price of the items, Younique is still a growing company so check out their online store and have a browse, you will not be disappointed. 
See you all in the next post!
Jamie.

Foundation- Younique mineral touch foundation 'Scarlet'
Concealer- Maybelline age rewind 'Light'
Eyebrows- Younique brow liner, ABH brow pomade and Younique brow gel.
Eyes- Younique moonstruck palette 'No 2' 
Mascara- Younique 3D fibre lashes
Face- Kat Von D shade and light palette, Collection speedy highlighter, MAC blush 'melba'
Lips- Younique lipstick 'Stinkin Rich'










WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight

You Might Also Like

0 comments