MY FOUNDATION COLLECTION

By 05:09:00 , ,



Hello guys! So over the past couple of months I have been collecting a range of different foundations ranging in price, finish and texture to compare them all. I have been using these foundations in my makeup routine and now I have got to know them a bit more I thought i'd share with you all my opinions on finish, longevity, application and value for money. For reference I am extremely pale so every shade is the lightest in the collection, however I will list my colours below.

SOAP AND GLORY- ONE HECK OF A BLOT FOUNDATION


I purchased this foundation at boots for £12.00 in the shade 'fair enough' which is tiny bit orange for me but it does tone down as it sinks into the skin, so it isn't anything too major that I cant work with. The foundation itself is a liquid formula that sets into a powder/velvet feel and surprisingly it actually does what it says on the bottle, it blurs your pores and gives a gorgeous matte flawless finish. When working the foundation into your skin I would recommend using a brush over a blender as the foundation sets super quickly and once it has set blending it becomes an absolute nightmare as it does not budge, this is great for longevity but a bit of a problem if you have dry skin. I personally have combination skin where i'm dry around the outer perimeter of my face then I get an oily T zone. If my skin is feeling particularly dry one day I avoid this foundation like the plague as it set into my dry spots and ends up looking patchy and awful, so steer clear if you have dry skin but if you have more oily skin you will absolutely love this foundation as it does last the day and its great value for money. The colour range isn't great if you're fair like me but its nothing you cant work with, but i'd definitely recommended this foundation, its easily worth the £12.


BOURJOIS HEALTHY MIX SERUM


When I bought this foundation my friend actually recommended it to me as I wanted something to make my skin look glowy and healthy. I picked this up for £10.99 in the shade 'light vanilla' which again is slightly dark for me but this is the norm for me so i'm used to working with foundations that don't compliment my fair shade. This foundation is absolutely beautiful on the skin, its a liquid formula that is easily blended and can be built up. The coverage is amazing and it covers all the redness around my nose which is a struggle with most foundations. I personally use a damp beauty blender to blend this out which works amazingly but using a brush or your fingers works just as well. The finish of the foundation is beautiful leaving your skin looking healthy and glowy which is exactly what it claims to do. I wouldn't say it lasts 16 hours but it does wear well during the day and it doesn't go patchy or cakey which is good enough for me. I must admit my favourite time to use it is when my skin is feeling tired and dry, if i've been drinking the night before and my skin is dehydrated this stuff just brings it back to life, it is a life saver! I cannot recommend this foundation enough, it works amazingly on my combination skin but it is quite dewy so it may not work well for those with oily skin as it could just make you look more oily but for £10.99 you cant go wrong, i've almost finished the bottle and I will be taking a trip to boots to repurchase. 

MAX FACTOR SKIN LUMINIZER FOUNDATION


I went through a craze at the end of the last year with wanting a luminizing and glowy foundations to give my skin a bit of life, so when I saw this foundation I had to buy it for £11.99 in the shade 'light ivory'. Now a pro of this foundation is that the colour actually matches my skin tone (hallelujah) however thats probably as far as the pro's go for me. As you can see I have used a lot of the bottle as I really wanted to find a way to apply this foundation that would work for me but to be honest I can't say i'm a fan. The formula is very thick which makes it a bugger to blend, I always opt for a brush as I find my blender struggles with blending thicker foundations. The coverage is good don't get me wrong but it tends to look a bit cakey and it doesn't actually make my skin luminized or glowy, instead it just sits on top of my skin and it doesn't look great. My biggest annoyance about this foundation is the longevity, to begin with the foundation covers the redness around the mid of my face but as the day goes on it completely dissapears on my nose and leaves me looking like Rudolph. I've tried everything to avoid this, using a concealer on top and using setting powder but nothing seems to work. I personally wont be repurchasing this when it's empty and I wouldn't really recommend it, but you never know just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it wont work for you.

MAC STUDIO FIX FLUID


This was the first MAC foundation I actually purchased. I went to the MAC counter at debenhams and felt overwhelmed with what to look at/try. The consultant came to me and offered to try different products on me to see what I liked and this caught my attention. I payed £22 for this in the shade NW13. The formula is quite thick and has an unusual smell, I personally love the smell of MAC products but it is quite strong so that is something you may want to keep in mind. I like using a beauty blender with this as it is easily blendable and I find using a blender gives the best coverage and blend. The coverage of this foundation is AMAZING, literally it blanks out everything on my face and covers everything I want to hide. The finish it matte but it is not drying at all but it does feel quite heavy on the skin as it is such an intense coverage. The bottle itself is glass and quite small but a little goes a long way and the bottle has lasted me months, but do keep in mind that I do hold this back for special occasions where I want my skin to look flawless. With the right setting powder this foundation will last all night and will not cake or go patchy. Even though £22 is a bit pricey it is worth it, the quality you get for the price you pay really shows and the great thing about MAC is that there is always a shade for you as they cater to every undertone and skin colour.

YOUNIQUE MINERAL TOUCH FOUNDATION


I received this foundation last month for £30 in the shade 'Scarlet' which is actually a great match for me. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous with a glass bottle and a pipet instead of a pump which means you can control how much product you actually put onto your face. The foundation itself is a liquid but once it goes onto your skin it turns into a powdery/velvet finish, I cant say that i've ever owned a foundation with this kind of finish but it is nice. It is easily blendable but I prefer using a brush over a blender as I can really buff it into my skin. I find with this foundation that it takes a while to set so you can work with it for a while to get the finish you want, however it is also a hinderance because in the time it takes to set if you touch your face it will move the foundation so I do recommend using a setting powder with this. The coverage of this foundation is mind blowing, it literally covers everything and leaves a nice glow to your face. I wouldn't say the foundation is dewy nor matte more of satin finish on my skin. I find during the day it tends to fade around my T-zone but I do have fringe so I can get quite oily on my forehead so that is understandable. I personally love this foundation, it's so lightweight that you cant even feel it on your skin which is strange considering it is such a high coverage. Would I purchase this foundation again? Probably, if it wasn't £30 as I do find that steep but I strongly recommend you try this foundation if you get the chance because it is amazing.

MAYBELLINE FIT ME FOUNDATION


Another purchase from boots for £7.99 in the shade '115'. When I bought this foundation the first thing I noticed was how small the bottle was, I did expect it to be slightly bigger but for the price I couldn't complain. I just have to say that I love love love this foundation, I don't actually think I can fault it. Its a liquid formula that blends out so easily with whatever applicator you prefer, I personally use a damp beauty blender (surprise surprise). The coverage is good as it covers my redness and imperfections but with my heavy duty spots I do like using a concealer over the top. It leaves such a gorgeous glow to the skin and actually sinks into it so it looks natural and not like you've got a tonne of product on your face. The longevity is good, it does last through the day with powder and concealer which I know isn't mind blowing but for such a cheap price its amazing. This is hands down one of my favourite foundations and I always reach for it, if you get the chance try this foundation as i'm sure it will not disappoint!

MAC FACE AND BODY FOUNDATION


Lastly is the MAC face and body foundation which I bought for £22 in the shade C2. The first thing I noticed about this foundation is that it was extremely pink toned which scared me a bit i'm not going to lie but it actually surprised me and wasn't pink on the skin. I prefer using a brush with this foundation as I find a blender doesn't work amazingly with it as it can go patchy. Personally I don't use this foundation for coverage because the truth is that it gives next to no coverage, but it gives a lovely colour and glow to my skin enhancing what i've already got. It tones down my redness and gives a bit of colour to my paper white skin which I do love. Other than that this foundation doesn't do much else, personally I wouldn't repurchase for £22 but i'm glad i've tried it and it is good for those days where you want just a little bit of help with your skin and don't want to plaster it with product. If you're looking for coverage this foundation is not for you but if you're looking for some natural enhancement to your skin you will love this foundation!

I hope you enjoyed this post on my foundation collection and that I was able to help you decide whether or not these products are for you. If you have any questions feel free to ask away!
See you in the next post!
Jamie.









You Might Also Like

0 comments